PolicyKit Library Reference Manual
Copyright © 2007 The PolicyKit Authors
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.1 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. You may obtain a copy of the GNU Free Documentation License from the Free Software Foundation by visiting their Web site or by writing to:
The Free Software Foundation, Inc.,
59 Temple Place - Suite 330,
Boston, MA 02111-1307,
Many of the names used by companies to distinguish their products and services are claimed as trademarks. Where those names appear in any GNOME documentation, and those trademarks are made aware to the members of the GNOME Documentation Project, the names have been printed in caps or initial caps.
- I. Design Overview
- II. Core API Reference
- Basic types — Type definitions for common primitive types.
- System Dependencies — Various platform specific utility functions
- Simple convenience interface — Simple convenience interface
- Error reporting — Representation of recoverable errors.
- Results — Definition of results of PolicyKit queries.
- Actions — Models what a caller is attempting to do.
- Seat — Represents a ConsoleKit Seat.
- Session — Represents a ConsoleKit Session.
- Caller — Represents a process requesting a mechanism to do something.
- Caller Determination — Obtaining seat, session and caller information via D-Bus and ConsoleKit.
- Context — The main interface used to query PolicyKit.
Configuration — Represents the system-wide
- Policy Definition Files — Represents a set of declared actions.
- Policy File Entry — Represents a declared action in a policy file.
- Defaults — Models the default policy for an action.
- Policy Cache — Holds the actions defined on the system.
- Authorization Entry — An entry in the autothorization database
- Authorization Constraints — Conditions that must be satisfied in order for an authorization to apply
- Authorization Database — Reading from and writing to the database storing authorizations
- Authorizations and Authentication — Obtain authorizations through authentication.
- III. Tools and file formats
- PolicyKit — Centralized policy management
- PolicyKit.conf — PolicyKit configuration file
- polkit-auth — Manage authorizations
- polkit-action — List and modify registered PolicyKit actions
- polkit-policy-file-validate — Validate a PolicyKit policy file
- polkit-config-file-validate — Validate a PolicyKit configuration file
- Index of deprecated symbols
- Index of new symbols in 0.7
- Index of new symbols in 0.8
- A. License